Sunday, November 11, 2007

NAEYC

Who else went to the NAEYC conference in Chicago last week? I learned so much. Interestingly, one message I heard repeatedly is how we need to have books about loss in our rooms before a child experiences loss. This loss can be death of a pet or family member or just a big change in a child's life. We usually think of preschools as happy places where children play, but often we are the place where kids can work out whatever's grieving them. I'm not really sure what books I'll have in the classroom on this, and it bears some thinking.

Anyway, if I get the time I'll post short notes on the sessions I went to and what they were about.

p.s. I noticed someone searched on what NAEYC is. It's the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Here's the link: NAEYC.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment